Friday, January 25, 2013

Shhhh! Don't interrupt me, I'm reading.

Have you ever noticed some books seem to be easier to "get into" than others?  Recently I've been wondering why it seemed like I was slogging through two books that I ultimately really enjoyed: Seraphina and Code Name Verity.  I started both of these books in back in 2012, but just recently finished them.  I started to consider what these books had in common.  Length?  Topic?  Characterization?  Writing style?  After lots of pondering I finally decided that it may have to do with how much time I spend with a book at the beginning.  If I am constantly interrupted during the first, oh, 1/4 of the book, then it seems like I really struggle to become immersed in the story.  I'll have to reread, restart and remember until I get back into the story's groove.  Interesting to consider right?  Is it just me or does anyone else have these struggles?  I think I may start monitoring my reading habits a bit more closely to see if this proves to be true (well, at least for me).

Have you ever read a book that it seemed like you were never going to finish, but that you really liked?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Ms. A

No comments: