Friday, March 15, 2013

The Secrets are in the Stars

Sometimes, if you are very, very  lucky, a story will create an impression on your heart that will linger long after the book's last word is read.  It will be a long time before I forget the quiet insecurities of Ari or the charming exuberance of Dante.  Their story, like the best tales of love and friendship, is one that resonates with the reader and will, I predict, easily stand the test of time.  This novel is CrossFit for the emotions: loneliness, joy, sorrow, happiness, sadness, anger, fear, disgust, depression, desperation and peace.  I was put through the emotional wringer--in a good way.   The best part is that it's one in a growing list of 2013 award winners that I've read and thoroughly enjoyed.  I can not wait to read the next one (I'm thinking Splendors and Glooms) but who knows which one I'll settle upon.  Happy reading!

No comments: