Thursday, February 7, 2013

I'm SOOOOO Excited!

Okay, so you may remember my reading goal from last year...read 100 books?  I think I hit that goal at least in part because I participated in a public reading challenge.  So I figure I'm really going to have a great year this year because I'm participating in TWO!

YALSA is sponsoring the 2013 Reading Challenge.  The goal is to read at least 25 of the 83 award nominees for 2013.  The book list  makes it easy to keep track of which books are eligible and which books you've already read.  Check out the page for a list of rules.  The best part?  Anyone can participate!




Then My Overstuffed Bookshelf  is sponsoring their reading challenge again this year.  I have committed to being a MEGA reader again this year.  That's 50 books from the YA category.  I can hardly wait to add my lists to the blog.




The big question is whether I will count books for both challenges?  Ugh.  That's such a hard decision?  Is it cheating?  Is that double dipping?  Hmmmmm....I think I will try to keep the 25 of the books that I read from the YALSA award list separate from the 50 that I read for my MEGA list.  Yikes!  That means I may have to boost my reading beyond 100 books.  Wish me luck!  Now who's up for the challenge?

No comments: