Thursday, September 8, 2011

Might I recommend...

My first year at Jefferson I had the most spectacular practicum student, Amy, from GSLIS.   While she was here we got into a discussion about how best to advertise the book that I was currently reading.  She created my: A.T.M--What I'm reading At The Moment.  It has been a hit for five years (kids are only mildly disappointed when they learn money will never shoot out).  This year I expanded my impulse checkout display.  In spite of the success of my A.T.M, I always felt that it was a bit limiting.  What about books that I just like or want kids to try?  So this year I created my REC--What I RECommend every student read.  And you know what?  It's another keeper.  They sit side-by-side right at the circulation desk just begging to be grabbed by one of our students.

No comments: