Friday, May 3, 2013

What an Inspiration!

I picked up this book a bit by accident (I was attracted to the segmented pages inside that reminded me of the fashion plates I played with as a kid) and could not put it down.  I was fascinated by Chuck Close's painting techniques and marveled at the largess of his work (I am tipping my hat to his huge paintings with a larger-than-normal icon on this post).  And to make his talents even more impressive he paints with genius in spite of facial blindness and partial paralysis.  I will also add that this book helped spark the idea of expanding Jefferson's Golden Jaguar list to include new separate list of just non-fiction.  The list is tentatively called Golden Jaguar: Non-Fiction.  I know, creative right?  Of course, Face Book is one of the first nominees.

No comments: